The use of art as a research tool has many advantages:
* Public art has immediate impact on both audience and participants.
* Ideas come out through art that do not come out verbally.
* Team building.
* The design process encourages consideration of key messages.
* The work itself helps to change attitudes:
passers-by see the work in progress, and stop to look.
participants gain public respect.
participants physically and metaphorically claim a space in the community.
participants get a sense of pride from their work.
* The finished work is attractive, causing passers by to stop and look.
* The opening ceremony encourages participants and authorities to communicate
* The work is media-friendly, so helping disseminate research outcomes.
* The work functions as an advertisement for those involved.
Read about our previous work >
See gallery of previous work >